Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormones
Cook County Illinois Hormone Therapy Doctor, Ayesha Akbar, M.D. has helped thousands of women and men in Will County and Cook County Illinois with hormone issues throughout her career, and helps patients to overcome a variety of hormone-related conditions using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy at her Frankfort Illinois-based practice, Midwest Anti-Aging and MedSpa.
Advancements in medical treatment protocols using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy have allowed Dr. Ayesha Akbar to help men and women in Frankfort and the surrounding Chicago Metropolitan area to overcome the consequences of imbalanced, dominant, or deficient hormones. Because hormones play a strong role in thousands of the body’s daily functions, hormonal imbalances can severely influence overall health and wellness. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can safely and naturally restore hormonal balance and improve the overall health of a person’s endocrine system.
Dr. Akbar has extensive experience and has received a high level of training in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy throughout her career. This has allowed her to successfully identify and improve many conditions associated with hormonal and endocrine imbalances. Read below to learn about some of the common conditions associated with imbalanced or deficient hormones.
Common Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones:
- Hormone decline in women usually begins around the age of 35, and this initial phase of hormone decline is known as perimenopause. During this phase, estrogen and progesterone begin to decline, and women can experience symptoms that include fatigue, depression, acne, weight gain, mental fogginess, low libido, and irregular periods. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to slow down the process of hormone decline by replacing deficient hormones. It can help women to regulate their periods, have more energy, improve mental cognition, lose weight, and increase their sex drive.
- Menopause results in the decline of ovarian function in women. This reduces the body’s reserves of progesterone and estrogen, which are both essential for many areas of mental, sexual, and physical health. Some of the common symptoms women experience during menopause include mood swings, hot flashes, insomnia, depression, night sweats, vaginal dryness, anxiety, and the atrophy of vaginal and uterine tissues. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to supplement the body with progesterone and estrogen, helping to reduce the symptoms of menopause and reducing the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis.
- As men approach middle age, testosterone levels begin to decline naturally. As testosterone declines, men often notice a reduction in libido, reduced muscle tone, weight gain, mood swings, fatigue, hair loss, and erectile dysfunction. Unfortunately, men often feel like they have lost their virility, which often results in self-consciousness and anxiety. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may prove helpful for men dealing with androgen imbalances. By supplementing testosterone, men can regain libido and improve muscle tone, which offers many mental and quality of life benefits.
The thyroid gland is responsible for releasing hormones that control the efficiency and speed of the body’s metabolism. Hypothyroidism, which is often referred to as an underactive thyroid, often causes low blood pressure, cold sensitivity, goiter, weight gain, depression, thinning hair, and lethargy. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may be used to effectively treat thyroid problems, particularly hypothyroidism.
- An excessive production of thyroid hormone is known as hyperthyroidism, and this condition can have adverse effects of the heart if it is not treated. In cases of hyperthyroidism, thyroid hormone speeds up the heart rate, which can lead to myocardial infarcts. Other symptoms of hyperthyroidism can include bulging eyes, excessive weight loss, muscle atrophy, nervousness, panic attacks, anxiety, and insomnia. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to greatly reduce the effects of hypothyroidism and help the body to maintain optimal thyroid hormone balance.
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome is often overlooked and misdiagnosed by traditional doctors. The adrenal glands in the body are responsible for producing hormones that help men and women manage stress from physical, social, and emotional triggers. It also helps the body to fight off infectious diseases. When a person experiences high levels of stress, the adrenal glands cannot keep up, and they literally become fatigued. Common symptoms of adrenal fatigue include cravings for salt and sugar, extreme tiredness, frequent infections and minor illnesses, rapid mood shifts, feeling depressed, lack of focus and concentration, and a low sex drive. Maintaining optimal hormone balance in the adrenal glands with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to treat adrenal fatigue syndrome and promote healthy energy levels in men and women.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin is a hormone that works to balance blood sugar in the body, attaching to cells and helping cells use sugar in the blood for important metabolic processes within the body. Individuals with pre-diabetes or diabetes often suffer from insulin resistance or a lack of insulin secretion. For many diabetics Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to supplement the body with insulin to manage and treat this condition.
- Fibromyalgia is an autoimmune disorder that most commonly occurs in women over the age of fifty. This illness causes symptoms that include mental fogginess, tender points, body aches, fatigue, alternating constipation with diarrhea, bladder disturbances and joint pain. Certain hormones work to reduce pain sensitivity in the body, and when they are deficient, increased pain or inflammation may occur. Balancing hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Sexual Dysfunction
Degenerating hormone levels that plague women during menopause or perimenopause are often to blame for vaginal dryness, inability to climax and low libido. In men, low libido and erectile dysfunction are common consequences of hormonal deficiencies or imbalances experienced during andropause. Rectifying hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help men and women to restore sexual function and a healthy libido.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Alternating constipation and diarrhea are not issues that solely depend on the gut; valuable hormones, such as thyroid hormone, cortisol, and insulin play a role in digestion before food enters the gut. They also regulate the nervous system, which gives the gut orders to stop or induce intestinal contractions that move food through them. Reducing stress and balancing hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to improve digestive and bowel function.
Contact Midwest Anti-Aging and MedSpa Today!
Cook County Illinois Hormone Therapy Doctor, Ayesha Akbar, M.D., has dedicated her practice to helping her patients overcome the uncomfortable symptoms and conditions caused by imbalanced and deficient hormones. Dr. Ayesha Akbar works closely with each patient to identify the correct amount of hormones for their body. This brings patient’s back to health and balance, and helps to heal any of the conditions that arose out of hormonal imbalance.
Through the use of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement, Cook County Illinois Hormone Therapy Doctor, Ayesha Akbar, M.D., provides relief from the conditions related to imbalanced hormones.